WHAT IS YOUR FEE?
My session fee is $170/session for a standard 50 min session. Some individuals and couples find that longer sessions are helpful (1:30), and these are scheduled on a case-by-case basis. They are prorated at the $170 standard fee.
DO YOU TAKE SLIDING SCALE?
WHAT WILL HAPPEN IN THE FIRST SESSION?
In the first session, I suggest you focus on 2 things:
1) Why am I here, and what am I hoping to get out of therapy? If the answer to this question is vague, that’s okay, and we will spend some time clarifying it in the first session. I have found that if this question is not targeted, the therapy is not nearly as effective.
2) You should be noticing what it’s like to be with me – do you feel comfortable? Safe? Do you find the space pleasant/enjoyable? All these things are important back drops to addressing your struggle. In other words, you may want to ask yourself — Do I feel comfortable doing the work I want to do with this person? You may get answers to that question in the first session or you may need time to reflect. Each person is different.
WHAT TYPES OF PAYMENT DO YOU ACCEPT?
DO YOU ACCEPT INSURANCE?
WILL THERAPY HELP ME?
WHAT IS YOUR CANCELLATION POLICY?
WHAT IS SOMATIC EMDR THERAPY?
There are 4 overall phases to this kind of work. They are:
- Collaborative Treatment Planning – In other words, what are you wanting help with? We work collaboratively to get clarity around this question.
- Resourcing/Preparation – Now that we’ve defined what we’re working on, we lay the necessary groundwork by establishing resources for you. Think of resources as sources of strength and wisdom that function as your guides.
- Processing – We go into the traumatic experience in a very targeted and systematic way and draw upon your already established resources to help guide you through this process. Each processing session elicits new learning and taps into your inner wisdom.
- Installation/Anchoring – After each processing session, we will “install” or “anchor” in the new learning and wisdom that was cultivated and revealed. In follow-up sessions, we will check to see if this new learning is being retained.